Friday 29 July 2011

Time to get blogging!

I admit far too much time has gone by since my last blog! But finally I’ve got my website updated and looking fresh (please do check it out and let me know what you think). I’m hoping it’s easy to use and shows off my collection of textile work to its best.  It’s not been easy but it’s nice to build your own site as you can keep on tweaking things until you’re finally happy. For me that’s about four days of moving things around resizing and changing colours! I’ve taken a screen shot of the home page to give an idea of the new site.
My new website

Any feedback is great, I’m on my own in my studio so it can be hard to get opinions and advice on what’s working and what’s not.
I’ve also sorted a new facebook page out that I intend on using as a showcase for new work as it’s created.
I’m also working on a commission piece in a style that’s about to be launched onto the website and facebook. I’m particularly enjoying it at the moment as I’m rummaging through my button and bead collection looking for exciting things to stitch into the work. I’ll post a picture of it on the blog once complete
I think that’s my latest news but I’m making a promise to myself to update my blog more often, it’s actually quite a therapeutic exercise! Helps to review what I’ve been up to

No comments:

Post a Comment